I hope you all caught the live internet radio talk show this evening. I was able to speak with some other parents that have gone or are still going through this horrendous ordeal. Going back over my notes, I realized I might not have gone over everything I wanted to get across. The big picture of eliminating parental alienation is, as we all know, multifaceted. There are so many challenges to overcome every step of the way. So let me recap the strategies I think we can utilize to win;
1. local support groups
2. educate the Targeted Parents
3. educate the MH professionals, APA
4. legislate PA as a crimnal act
I discussed these in detail on the show, but in case you missed it.
1. local support groups - Targeted Parents need to know they are NO LONGER ISOLATED. They also need to find other people that know exactly what they are going through. Friends and family are great but fellow TP's can help each other even more. Too many TP's are committing suicide over the loss of everything. Like we said before, if we can help our fellow TP's through just one more day, its a victory!
2. there is a lot of craziness that we just escaped. Usually an abusive and mentally ill ex spouse has really done a number on us. For new TP's that have no idea what to expect, they can rely on us "Old Dogs" to get them through. Also in every group there will be someone more knowledgable with the laws, or psychological issues, or someone more nurturing than ourselves and someone that can help keep everyone focused. We all benefit from each others strengths once we are in a group. Cavemen came together for protection, strength and security, we can too! One group is even sharing legal documents for other members that are pro se! (GREAT IDEA!!!!)
3. Once we get the TP into a better place and they can be proactive and not lock the doors, close the blinds and cry into our pillows all day (ask me how I know) Then we can begin to petition the APA (one petition is already active and almost on its way to their offices!) Bring awareness to the public (as in tonight's radio program) and maybe even start our own local support group! (there are approximately 22 million of us all over the country, as much as I'd love to have you all to my place, you need to have these meetings closer to you).
4. When we locate State Assembly members/Senators amenable to our cause ("friends") we can then push towards legislation that will eliminate parental alienation. The debate might not be over yet, but 50/50 shared parenting is a good place to start (please don't log off and curse me now!) I think the realities and practicalities as well as the logistics of real life will work itself out in each case. (Usually marriages with crazies do not have multiple children, all it takes is one child to ensnare the normal parent, and by then the normal parent realizes something isn't quite right....)
So that is my simple and strategic plan to end parental alienation.
If you have any great ideas or ways to make it better, please let me know! Remember, we are the nice, NORMAL parents that DO NOT think in black and white, all or nothing thinking, so even if we disagree, we can still figure something out! (sometimes it takes awhile to realize there ARE good people out there!)
And until we get these changes made be sure to register your abusive alienating NPD/BPD pathogenic ex on our registry page!!!! It'll put a smile on your face, I promise!!!(its also a cathartic step in getting our power back!)
Until next time, be sure to love one another!